Each Spring our flower beds beam of the re-appearing tulips year after year. Such a treasured time to spend outdoors with
the brilliant hues our floral forests afford us. Capture these tulips to nest within your beautiful and custom completely
hand-sewn needle necessaire. Finest quality supplies with an amazing finishing concept. Creative!
The decorative edging of pages is a wonderful Palestrina Knot with DMC Perle Cotton. Everything you see here is included.
A fine accoutrèment for your stitching nest. This design portrays the many opening stages of the Italian Perrot Tulip.... beautiful !
Complete Kit Includes:
• boiled wool for needlecase insert
- DMC Perlè Cotton~one large spool to create all page edgings
• 26 & 28 gauge tapestry needles for fine linen count
- full color collage photograph ~ great detail
• Austrian Glass, or hand-painted bead needle threader
- laundering and professional finishing suggestions/illustrations
- complete instructions, and special stitching hints includes
Maureen’s gentle guidance to her unique one-over-one stitch
- hand-dyed 2 mm 100% silk ribbons (two colors; finish book and scissors-sleeve)
• two designer upholstery fabrics for outstanding finishing
- includes extra graph for scissors find
• 23 DMC flosses, 6-strand 100% cotton, number-tagged
- vintage brass button from Maureen’s collection
• fob and scissors holder with calico fabrics for backing
• all linen cuts ~ both needlecase and scissors find & fob
- 29-count premium Ivory Scottish Glenshee linen (7 linen cuts)
- FOUR mother of pearl accessories shown on photo here (tulip
thread rings, 3” ruler, Sampler House lattice thread keep, and Celtic Flower thread winder)
- easy-to-read graphs, formatted to Maureen’s manuscript
Approximate Size of Finished Needlecase: 4.5” x 4.5”
© The Heart’s Content, Inc., 2008. Designed by Maureen P. Appleton-Sorenson ~ Allow Yourself This Luxury ~
Maureen’s Magnum Opus
Don’t forget to take several glances at the photograph of this beautiful needlebook. When completed, the spine of the book has your personalization, and actually stands up like a book. This piece is to be a part of your stitching nest for many months to come, and Oh what an heirloom you shall create. Maureen taught this creation of hers to several students in 2008, and now is proud to offer it to her avid stitchers worldwide.
- Product Code: Stitching Kit #160
- Availability: In Stock